Founded in 1930 by Milton Hershey, the original clubhouse was located on the first of Mr. Hershey’s’ High Point Mansion. It moved to its current location on Derry Road in 1970. The club is owned by Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Company. The renovation and addition project was launched in 2004.
Construction consisted of masonry back-up walls with ashlar stone veneer at the Pavilion addition, infilling window and door openings of the existing structure, a stone fireplace at the dining room area and a stone site wall at the entrance to the club.
Caretti’s task was to blend new stone material with existing stone that was salvaged from demolished portion of the existing building. It was necessary for Caretti to clean and dress the salvaged stone and new stone material to precisely match the existing building.
Caretti completed the masonry portion of this project in May of 2006.